9.6.13

Lavender Cupcakes.


My parents are finally back from their 3 week cruise in Greece, one of the souvenirs they brought back for me was a bag of dried lavender leaves. My mum suggested that I should use it as potpourri, but I thought that it would be such a waste not to use to bake something because ingredients like these are so rare in Singapore.




For these cupcakes, I’ve gone back to the Hummingbird Bakery recipe here.
The taste of the lavender in the cake is subtle, but it works so well as that hint of flavour in the moist and buttery cake. 
As this was my first time making these, I decided to stay true to the recipe, but I reduced the amount of lavender in the milk by half because I did not want the taste to be overpowering. Next time, I’ll be sure to try  these with an earl grey buttercream instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment