17.6.13

Lemon Meringue Tart.


I'm a big fan of lemony anything, citrusy anything. I think the tartness of a citrus fruit offsets the sweetness from desserts so well.

Previously I've made lemon squares before and it turned out really well, so this time I wanted to attempt a lemon meringue pie because I love the pretty cloudy swirls on top of the pie. I got too excited to make this that I forgot to get a can of gas for the blow torch, but I ended up browning the top in the oven. It works as well but it doesn't turn out as pretty.

For this tart, I've used a Donna Hay recipe here. To be honest, this isn't one of my favourites. I loved the crust but I felt that the filling was a little too thick, and having just a small slice would be too much for one dessert. Recently I came across a no bake lemon meringue recipe (always a plus for lazy people like me!), I'll be sure to try it in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment