29.8.13

glazed lemon & thyme greek yogurt bundt cake.

I like baking but I'm also a lazy baker. I lack patience, which is absolutely essential in Singapore's heat. I don't bake in an air conditioned room which means that whenever I make cupcake frosting or roll out short crust pastry, I have to either a) frost or roll super quickly and do a mediocre job or b) frost a few cupcakes and stick the frosting back into the fridge.

And umm.. I don't have the time or patience for either.



Which is why nowadays I'm trying to go back to basics and relook at simple recipes that are delicious and fuss free without the embellishing them with complicated and overly sweet frosting. 



Here I've adapted Real Simple's lemon bundt cake from here

It really is just a simple glazed pound cake recipe, however I love adding Greek yogurt in my cakes. It makes the cake extra moist and soft but also a very healthy alternative to buttermilk or sour cream. 



If I'm baking every week I should at least attempt to be slightly healthier right? In this cake, I've also made an addition of thyme, you can use fresh thyme but I've used dried ones for this. The touch of thyme lends an extra spice to the cake. I always prefer to having two flavours to a cake so that they complement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment